Are you passionate about making a positive, lasting difference to children and young people’s lives?
Do you want to work for a leading and progressive national independent fostering agency? Or perhaps you’re a social worker looking for their next challenge. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
Our client has a brilliant opportunity for a knowledgeable and experienced social worker to join their Fostering family in East Midlands. You’ll share their commitment to delivering high quality focussed services for children, young people and support their foster parents to do this too.
About The Client:
Our client is a part of our wider community, providing fostering, residential, educational and therapeutic services for the young people in our care.
They are a child centred service, putting the wellbeing of their children and young people at the front and centre of everything they do. They adopt a REACH (R*esilience, Education, Acceptance, Child-centred and H*olistically) approach that is a framework based on resilience theory, attachment theory and aspects of social pedagogy. The client believes that this helps us to provide bespoke, consistent and therapeutic care for all the children whilst supporting their staff and foster carers to ensure each individual child has the best possible outcome.
Supervising Social Worker Role Requirements and Responsibilities
You will be a registered social worker seeking to apply and expand your existing skills and knowledge in our child centred organisation.
It is essential that you:
· Have an approach that is reflective and creative when working with foster carers and young people to inspire them to reach their full potential
· Can manage your own caseload of typically 13 fostering families, giving support and guidance when necessary and help them to develop their skills.
· Committed to provide wrap around support to our foster carers by participating in an out of hours on call service.
· Passionate and want to actively contribute to the growth and development of the Fostering service.
· Have a Diploma in Social Work (DipSW) or equivalent.
· Be Social Work England (SWE) registered.
· Have worked in a fostering related social work role and /or child social care, such as a looked after children’s team.
· Have experience and can demonstrate evidence of identifying the needs of young people.
· Have a good knowledge of fostering regulations, childcare law and safeguarding issues.
· Have the ability to make objective professional assessments of children and young people.
· Have access to a car and a valid driving licence.
Travelling for the role is required so you can support your foster carers across Worksop/Mansfield. Travelling times will vary, and you will be expected to travel up to 1.5 hrs in your area. You will work from home but will also be required to attend meetings at other company offices.
The benefits of joining our client
They are looking for applicants who share their vision and values and who truly believe in the principles of excellent social work and inclusivity.
In return for this, They offer:
· A competitive salary.
· A contributory pension scheme.
· 26 days holiday (including your birthday day), and Bank holidays.
· Excellent opportunities for career development in our growing service.
· Team days out and staff engagement activity days.
· Access to Perkbox, including exclusive perks, freebies and discounts.
· Wellbeing of our staff is vital; you will have access to the Employee Assist Programme.
Their recruitment process aims to create and maintain a safe workforce and contains robust vetting procedures. The successful applicants will be offered a role subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check. Please note that the client reserves the right to close this vacancy early upon receipt of sufficient applications.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £36,000.00 per year
- social work: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Driving (Required)
- HCPC (Required)
Please contact Krystle McCalla on 07881587110 or [email protected]
- £28000 – £36000 per annum
- Contact Name:
- Krystle Mccalla
- Job Duration:
- Job Industry:
- Job Location:
- Worksop, Nottinghamshire