Senior Therapeutic Support Worker
Residential Children’s Services
Salary: £22,450 – £24,500 pa depending on your experience, skills and qualifications
Plus additional sleep in rate – £50.00 per night
Care2Recruit are currently recruiting on behalf of a fast-growing specialist care provider for Children & Young People who present a complex range of emotional needs, attachment disorders, abuse reactive behaviours and trauma as a result of their experiences. We are looking for qualified senior Children’s Residential/ Therapeutic Support Workers who can demonstrate compassion, empathy and a person-centred approach to caring for the people in their care.
Due to their continued success they now have three homes across North Shropshire offering residential care, education & therapy to young girls aged between 11 and 18 years.
They have a fantastic reputation with Ofsted with all homes being rated good or outstanding.
Benefits of working for my client
- Excellent training and development opportunities – with bespoke 4 stage therapeutic training
- Competitive salaries with £50 per sleep in
- Fantastic reputation with Ofsted
- Well-being package available
- Specialist training courses available
- Structured pathway for career progression
- Free DBS check and subscription to update service
- Performance based employee reward and recognition scheme
- Your birthday off with full pay!
- Annual performance reviews with up to £500 increase per year
- Reward scheme for long service
- Work life balance is very much promoted – ensuring you have at least one full weekend off per month
- Roughly 6 sleep ins per months paid on top of your salary
About the Service:
- 3 homes all within close proximity to Whitchurch (3-4 bed)
- Specialist care for 11-18 years who have experienced or are at high risk of sexual exploitation
- Bespoke 4 stage therapeutic training
- Supported by a DFE registered school
- Very high success rate with referrals from local authorities
As a Senior Therapeutic Support Worker you will provide daily care and support to the children and young people as well as supporting them in a wide range of learning, development and social activities.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Effectively lead shifts, direct and support the staff team.
- Supporting and participating in young people’s social, life-long learning plans and recreational activities in line with care plans, trips out and holidays
- Facilitating and supporting young people in decision making. Promoting choice and involvement.
- Promoting good practice in the team in accordance with ordinary life principles, and in line with all Company policies and procedures
- To be aware of the emotional needs and aspirations of each young person
- Contribute to the effective physical, social and emotional environment for group care which provides a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment in which young people can be offered the support, care and guidance they need
This role is offered on a full-time basis working a shift pattern on a rolling three-week rota, working:
Week one: Monday, Friday, Sunday
Week two: Wednesday, Saturday
Week Three: Tuesday, Thursday
Working hours are 7.30am – 11pm with sleep in duties.
(approx 5 to 6 sleeps per month)
- Must hold Level 3 or equivalent in Children and Young People’s Workforce/ Residential childcare
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Have some experience of leading a staff team or being in a Senior/ Team Leader role
- Driving license is essential
- Flexibility is essential
My client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in their care. Therefore, this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.
- £22450 – £24500 per annum + £50 Per sleep in
- Contact Name:
- Rachael Mcquillan
- Job Duration:
- Job Industry:
- Children’s Residential
- Job Location:
- Whitchurch, Shropshire
- £50 Per sleep in