Senior Therapeutic Support Worker
Residential Children’s Services
Salary: £22,450 – £24,500 pa depending on your experience, skills and qualifications
Plus additional sleep in rate – £50.00 per night
Care2Recruit are currently recruiting on behalf of a fast-growing specialist care provider for Children & Young People who present a complex range of emotional needs, attachment disorders, abuse reactive behaviours and trauma as a result of their experiences. We are looking for Senior Residential/ Therapeutic Support Workers who can demonstrate compassion, empathy and a person-centred approach to caring for the people in their care.
Due to their continued success they have been able to open a new home within the Whitchurch area. This will be a 4 bed service for young girls aged between 8 – 17 years.
They have a fantastic reputation with Ofsted and currently hold outstanding status in their already established services.
Benefits of working for my client
- Funding provided for Level 5 Leadership and Management qualification
- Opportunities for progression – they have a good success rate of internal promotions
- Very settled services
- Bespoke 4 stage therapeutic training
- Annual performance reviews with up to £500 increase per year
- Reward scheme for long service
- Work life balance is very much promoted – ensuring you have at least one full weekend off per month
- Roughly 6 sleep ins per months paid on top of your salary
About the Service:
- 4 bed home to care for girls aged between 7 – 12 years who have experienced or are at high risk of sexual exploitation
- 3 homes all within close proximity to Whitchurch (3-4 bed) – rated outstanding by Ofsted
- Bespoke 4 stage therapeutic training
- Supported by a DFE registered school
- Very high success rate with referrals from local authorities
As a Senior Therapeutic Support Worker you will provide daily care and support to the children and young people as well as supporting them in a wide range of learning, development and social activities.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Effectively lead shifts, direct and support the staff team.
- Supporting and participating in young people’s social, life-long learning plans and recreational activities in line with care plans, trips out and holidays
- Facilitating and supporting young people in decision making. Promoting choice and involvement.
- Promoting good practice in the team in accordance with ordinary life principles, and in line with all Company policies and procedures
- To be aware of the emotional needs and aspirations of each young person
- Contribute to the effective physical, social and emotional environment for group care which provides a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment in which young people can be offered the support, care and guidance they need
This role is offered on a full-time basis working a shift pattern on a rolling three-week rota, working:
Week one: Monday, Friday, Sunday
Week two: Wednesday, Saturday
Week Three: Tuesday, Thursday
Working hours are 7.30am – 11pm with sleep in duties.
- Must hold Level 3 or equivalent in Children and Young People’s Workforce/ Residential childcare
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Driving license is essential
- Flexibility is essential
My client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in their care. Therefore, this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.
If this vacancy is of interest to you, please forward an up to date copy of your CV via the apply but ton or where directed. If you wish to discuss this in confidence, then please call Rachel on 07717 831637.
- £22500 – £24500 per annum + Plus £50 per sleep in
- Contact Name:
- Rachel Keam
- Job Duration:
- Job Industry:
- Children’s Residential
- Job Location:
- Whitchurch, Shropshire
- Plus £50 per sleep in