Role: Deputy Care Manager
Service: 4 bed EBD home
Salary: £26,400 to £31,000 per annum (inclusive of sleep ins and bonus)
Shifts: You will be required to work shifts and undertake sleep ins within the home – flexibility is essential
Care 2 Recruit are working on behalf of a successful children’s services provider who support young people in care offering long term therapeutic placements. My client has a proven track record of providing outstanding services to children and young people. They currently have 75% of their homes rated as Outstanding demonstrating that they really care about what they do and are passionate about delivering high quality services. The most important aspect of providing such high-quality care is their staff teams. Providing them with excellent support and development so that you can achieve your career goals whilst enjoying your job.
My client works with children aged between 8 and 17 with predominantly EBD for long term settled therapeutic placements. They are very selective about which young people we care for ensuring that we get the right balance within our homes.
This particular home supports 4 young people aged between 8 and 17 with emotional and behavioral difficulties and offers long term settled therapeutic placements.
Your role will be to provide support to the Registered Home Manager and supervise an existing staff team alongside the other Deputy Manager in the home.
To be successful in this role you will:
– Support the Care Manager in managing the home and deputise in their absence
– Supervise and support the staff team on a day to day basis
– Work to very high standards
– Have a Level 3 in Children and Young People or Residential Care or Children’s Workforce
– 2 years minimum experience of working in an EBD residential setting with children and young people.
– Have a proven track record of providing high quality care for our young people
– Hold a full driving license and your own vehicle (you must also hold business use extension on your car insurance)
– Flexible in providing consistent support to the young people in our care
In addition to the competitive salary, you will get a number of benefits:
– Generous annual leave scheme
– Bonus Scheme
– Personal Pension
– Life Insurance
– 24 hour Employee Assistance Programme, offering access to doctors 24/4, money back on medical costs, counselling support.
– Money saving discounts from thousands of stores
My client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in their care. Therefore, this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.
Please only apply for this role is you hold the relevant qualifications AND you have experience working within children’s residential services.
- £26400 – £31000 per annum + inclusive of sleep ins and bonus
- Contact Name:
- Rachel Keam
- Job Duration:
- Job Industry:
- Children’s Residential
- Job Location:
- Whitchurch, Shropshire
- inclusive of sleep ins and bonus