A reputable and child focused fostering provider are looking for a Supervising Social Worker to join their Midlands based team. This Independent Fostering Agency (IFA) has an excellent reputation as both an IFA and an employer.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To provide support and supervision to foster carers
- To work closely with any agencies and all staff to match children to families
- To assess and provide training to foster carers as per the needs assessed in a reactive and proactive manner
- To actively recruit and assess applicants offering to care for children on behalf of the Agency.
- To attend fostering panel meetings and produce reports as necessary.
- To carry out an annual review of Foster families
- To support and attend a foster carer support group as needed.
- To demonstrate an understanding of the customs, traditions, culture and religions when dealing with children and foster families.
- To contribute to the development of the fostering service, to meet unmet needs and the demands faced by new legislation.
- To act, if required, as a member of Foster Care panel
YOU WILL BE / HAVE:
- A qualified social worker
- SWE registration
- Experience across children’s social work such as LAC
- Ideally experience of working within the fostering sector
- A car owner / driver
- Be prepared to travel across the region as required
Salary ranging from £31,000-£34,000, experience dependent
- 28 days holiday in your first year (bank holiday days are extra!)
- Long Service day awarded after every 3 years (up to 12 years)
- Birthday day off
- Good Health days (if you have no sickness within a 6 month period you get a further day off)
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Fostertalk membership
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Scheme
- Optional Private healthcare scheme.
For more information or a confidential chat, contact Krystle McCalla on 07881587110 or [email protected]
- £28000 – £36000 per annum
- Contact Name:
- Arshad Mahmood
- Job Duration:
- Job Industry:
- Job Location:
- West Midlands