Waking Nights Support Worker
£17,468 – £18,140 per annum (depending upon skills, experience and qualifications)
*No qualifications needed*
Care2Recruit are seeking Waking Night Support Workers to work at a the only accredited Therapeutic Communities in Welshpool, with an excellent CIW inspection report. This is a specialist service for boys aged between 11 – 18 displaying sexually harmful behaviour with a highly structured and deliberate group living approach.
Their attitude to understanding and responding to harmful sexualised behaviour is informed by the Good Lives Model which is an evidence and relationship-based intervention framework which sees sexualised behaviours as a dysfunctional response to the young persons world.
They have a small senior management team who work across both the sites so they know all the staff and boys personally.
They have also recently been awarded the gold status investors in people award.
- 28 days holiday rising with service
- Incremental pay scale and annual pay review
- Intensive in-house training programme for core skills and career development
- 3% Contributory pension
- Loyalty and long service awards
- Regular whole community and team days and celebration events
- Individual clinical supervision
- Excellent employee engagement and feedback with lots of employee support mechanisms
- Ideally hold the Level 3 in Children’s and Young People’s Workforce (or equivalent) – however this is not essential
- Experience within children’s residential settings and/or challenging behaviours
- Be a minimum 22 years of age
- A full UK driving license
35 hours per week on average – with a 4 on 4 off shift pattern
- To be aware of and to understand the needs of Looked After Children
- To understand the importance of maintaining a therapeutic and caring ethos.
- Supervision of clients at night. Regularly checking both in house and grounds
- Security of the home at night. All necessary precautions must be taken to affect efficient security and prevent heat/light loss.
My client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in their care. Therefore, this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.
- £17468 – £18140 per annum
- Contact Name:
- Rachel Keam
- Job Duration:
- Job Industry:
- Children’s Residential
- Job Location:
- Welshpool, Powys