Waking Nights Carer
4 on 4 off shift pattern
£17,000-£17,700 per annum (depending upon skills, experience and qualifications) + night allowance
Care2Recruit are seeking Waking Night Therapeutic Carers to work at an excellent residential Therapeutic Community in Telford. This is a specialist service for boys aged between 11 – 18 displaying sexually harmful behaviour with a highly structured and deliberate group living approach
Their attitude to understanding and responding to harmful sexualised behaviour is informed by the Good Lives Model which is a evidence and relationship based intervention framework which sees sexualised behaviours as a dysfunctional response to the young person’s world. They undertake a range of activities, both in the day to day and through focussed work in therapy and school to make use of multiple/ concurrent opportunities to address 8 primary needs.
They have a small senior management team who work across both the sites so they know all the staff and boys personally.
- 28 days holiday rising with service
- Incremental pay scale and annual pay review
- Intensive in-house training programme for core skills and career development
- 4% Contributory pension
- Loyalty and long service awards
- Regular whole community and team days and celebration events
- Individual clinical supervision
- Excellent employee engagement and feedback with lots of employee support mechanisms
- Experience within children’s residential settings
- Be a minimum 22 years of age
- A full UK driving license
- Be willing to complete level 3 Residential Childcare qualification if not already held
35 hours per week on average pro rata – with a 4 on 4 off shift pattern
- To be aware of and to understand the needs of Looked After Children
- To understand the importance of maintaining a therapeutic and caring ethos.
- Supervision of clients at night. Regularly checking both in house and grounds
- Security of the home at night. All necessary precautions must be taken to affect efficient security.
My client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in their care. Therefore, this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.
- £17000 – £17800 per annum
- Contact Name:
- Rachael Mcquillan
- Job Duration:
- Job Industry:
- Children’s Residential
- Job Location:
- Telford, Shropshire