Senior Therapeutic Carer
£20,500- £21,300 per annum (depending upon skills, experience and qualifications)
NO SLEEP INS
Care2Recruit are seeking Senior Therapeutic Support Workers to join an excellent residential Therapeutic Community in Telford. This is a specialist service for boys aged between 11 – 18 displaying sexually harmful behaviour with a highly structured and deliberate group living approach. This particular site has been established for 5 years with an excellent reputation and is now working towards accreditation as a Therapeutic Community which their other site has achieved.
Their attitude to understanding and responding to harmful sexualised behaviour is informed by the Good Lives Model which is a evidence and relationship based intervention framework which sees sexualised behaviours as a dysfunctional response to the young person’s world. They undertake a range of activities, both in the day to day and through focussed work in therapy and school to make use of multiple/ concurrent opportunities to address 8 primary needs.
They have a small senior management team who work across both the sites so they know all the staff and boys personally.
They have also recently been awarded the gold status investors in people award.
- No sleep-in duties required – they have Waking nights staff
- 3 week rolling rota pattern to maintain a work life balance – every 3rd weekend off
- 28 days holiday rising with service
- Incremental pay scale and annual pay review
- Intensive in-house training programme for core skills and career development
- Opportunities for progression
- 3% Contributory pension
- Loyalty and long service awards
- Regular whole community and team days and celebration events
- Individual clinical supervision
- Excellent employee engagement and feedback with lots of employee support mechanisms
- Brand new school on site
Essential Job Requirements
- Level 3 in Children’s and Young People’s Workforce (or equivalent) – essential
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience within children’s residential settings
- Be flexible and able to work on a shift/rota basis
- Be a minimum 22 years of age
- A full UK driving license
40 hours per week on average – 3 week rolling rota
Shifts are a mixture of long days and lates – 08.00-23.00 or 15.00-23.00
Virtually no sleep ins as they have Waking nights staff
- To be responsible for co-ordinating shifts in the absence of, or when delegated by a Group Leader.
- To co-ordinate shifts, managing and supporting staff ensuring their operation of good working practice.
- To work with and maintain a high level of supervision of young people
- To communicate with other departments on a regular basis (Education/Therapy)
- To be aware of and to understand the needs of Looked After Children
- To understand the importance of maintaining a therapeutic and caring ethos.
My client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in their care. Therefore, this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.
- £20500 – £21300 per annum
- Contact Name:
- Rachel Keam
- Job Duration:
- Job Industry:
- Children’s Residential
- Job Location:
- Telford, Shropshire