Senior Childrens Residential Support Worker
£19,500 – £20,750 per annum starting salary (depending upon skills, experience and qualifications)
Care2Recruit are seeking Therapeutic Carers to work at a residential Therapeutic Community in Telford. This is a specialist service for boys aged between 11 – 18 displaying sexually harmful behaviour with a highly structured and deliberate group living approach. This particular site has been established for 5 years with an excellent reputation and is now working towards accreditation as a Therapeutic Community which their other site has achieved.
They very different to 95% of residential childcare settings – they have a very defined group of young people, a clear model of practice, they do not manage the staff or young people via spreadsheets or “heads on beds”. Come and see what quality childcare looks and feels like and experience an organisational culture where young people and staff are actively listened to. They have a small senior management team who work across both the sites so they know all the staff and boys personally. My client has also recently been awarded the gold status ‘investors in people’ award.
- No sleep-in duties required – they have Waking nights staff
- 3 week rolling rota pattern to maintain a work life balance
- 28 days holiday rising with service
- Incremental pay scale and annual pay review
- Intensive in-house training programme for core skills and career development
- 3% Contributory pension
- Loyalty and long service awards
- Regular whole community and team days and celebration events
- Individual clinical supervision
- Excellent employee engagement and feedback with lots of employee support mechanisms
- You will be part of a team of 20 including 3 team leaders and 3 seniors in each team together with a mix of therapeutic carers and waking night staff
- Very specific client group – not the same as the majority of residential care profiles in the region/ UK. This is a group setting and so they are careful about the young people who join the service
- They have been established for 13 years and have an excellent reputation in the sector
- Very visible senior management and extensive staff support structures in keeping with a formal and defined therapeutic model
Essential Job Requirements
- Level 3 in Children’s and Young People’s Workforce (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience within children’s residential settings
- Be flexible and able to work on a shift/rota basis
- Be a minimum 22 years of age
- A full UK driving license
40 hours per week on average – 3 week rolling rota
Shifts are a mixture of long days and lates – 08.00-23.00 or 15.00-23.00
Virtually no sleep ins as they have Waking nights staff
- To be responsible for co-ordinating shifts in the absence of, or when delegated by a Group Leader.
- To co-ordinate shifts, managing and supporting staff ensuring their operation of good working practice.
- To work with and maintain a high level of supervision of young people
- To communicate with other departments on a regular basis (Education/Therapy)
- To be aware of and to understand the needs of Looked After Children
- To understand the importance of maintaining a therapeutic and caring ethos.
My client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in their care. Therefore, this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.
- £19500 – £20750 per annum
- Contact Name:
- Rachael Mcquillan
- Job Duration:
- Job Industry:
- Children’s Residential
- Job Location:
- Telford, Shropshire