Senior Childcare Practitioner
Residential Childcare – Emotional Behavioural Needs
Salary £25,000 to £27,000 per annum (depending on your skills, experience and qualifications) – inclusive of sleep ins
Care2Recruit are currently seeking qualified senior care practitioners to join one of the leading providers of therapeutic care and independent education for children and young people with a range of emotional and behavioural needs. This position is for a 4-bed home supporting Children and young people with emotional behavioural difficulties.
My client is continuously developing services in care and education for children and young people. They currently have 28 homes across Shropshire, North Wales and Powys ranging from early years homes, specialist mental health homes and assessment centres. They have their own independent Ofsted registered school for the children and young people allowing them to cater to their individual specialised educational needs.
Due to the company’s expansion they are recruiting for Senior Care Practitioners to work alongside the Home Manager and existing team to deliver a high quality of care and support to the children and young people in your care.
You will contribute to individual Quality of Life Plan’s and provide a balanced programme of personal development focusing on social skills, independence and community involvement enabling the young people to achieve their full potential.
- Salary £25,000-£27,000 Per annum(Inclusive of sleeps)
- Overtime rate will be £12.45-£13.40 per hour
- Career progression opportunities
- Generous annual leave scheme with enhancements for service
- Personal Pension
- Life Insurance (after 12 months)
- In-house L&D team offering free ongoing training and support up to Foundation Degree level and beyond
- 2 week intensive induction and training in PRICE, PACE, Emergency First Aid etc.
- 24 hour Employee Assistance Programme
- Money saving initiatives on cars and breakdown cover
You will be contracted to a 2 on and 4 off shift pattern amounting to 48 hours per week. This therefore includes sleep-ins and an example shift patterns would be:
- Starting at the home at 8AM on a Monday morning and then leaving at 8AM on the Wednesday morning
- Sleep-ins are inclusive to your annual salary, however are paid at £68.40 per sleep in
- Your overtime rate will be £12.45-£13.40 per hour
Based on the above you will be working 244 hours per month (including your sleep-ins) equating to 61 shifts per year. However, flexibility is required.
You will be qualified to a minimum of Level 3 Diploma in Health & Social Care (Children & Young People) or Residential Childcare and experienced in leading teams and mentoring junior members of the team.
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Committed to providing an excellent level of care for our young people
- Enthusiastic in your approach to tough challenges
- Assertive in difficult situations
- Able to remain calm under pressure
- A strong communicator with great interpersonal skills
- Hold a Full driving licence and your own vehicle
- Flexibility to travel and work shifts across multiple sites where needed
My client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in their care. Therefore, this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.
- £25000 – £27000 per annum
- Contact Name:
- Rachael Mcquillan
- Job Duration:
- Job Industry:
- Children’s Residential
- Job Location:
- Telford, Shropshire