Childrens Residential Support Worker
Location: Stoke-on-Trent – Multiple locations
Service: Small EBD homes
Salary: £22,000-£23,700 (inclusive of sleep in allowance)
Care 2 Recruit are working on behalf of an outstanding children’s services provider of small, high-quality children’s homes across the Staffordshire region with roles available in and around Stoke on Trent. Our client is a leading provider of Residential Childcare who have firmly established themselves as an Outstanding provider of services for children and have held Investors in People accreditation since 2016. To support their ongoing development plans we are seeking suitably qualified Childrens Residential Support workers to join their teams.
The living environments my client provides are high quality, spacious houses maintained to an excellent standard in semi-rural and suburban locations. They have a strong community focus and actively promote participation and interaction with local positive activities.
Your duties will include
- Creating a warm and caring environment for children who live with us in our various residential settings
- Providing support to children who may have been subject to abuse, neglect, or other issues
- Promoting the skills required to lead productive adult lives once the children we look after leave care
- Day to day duties of running a home such as: preparing meals, cleaning, school run, food shopping and engaging in recreational activities including holidays
Rewards and Benefits
- Hourly rate of £9.60 and sleep-ins are paid at £35.00 per sleep. You will be expected to cover 6-10 sleep-ins per month.
- 28 days annual holiday inclusive of bank holiday
- Auto enrolment pension
- Free meals on shift
- Refer a Friend scheme – Earn £250 per referral
- Excellent training and progression opportunities
- A great work/life balance – You will work 169 hours pcm
- 2 on 4 off shift pattern
- Applicants must be over 21 years old
- Level 3 Children and young peoples workforce/Residential Childcare or equivalent
- Driving license is preferable however not essential
My client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in their care. Therefore, this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.
Please only apply for this role is you hold the relevant qualifications and have experience working within children’s residential services.
- £22000 – £23700 per annum
- Contact Name:
- Rachael Mcquillan
- Job Duration:
- Job Industry:
- Children’s Residential
- Job Location:
- Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire