Residential Childcare Worker
Stafford – ST17/ST18
Specialist Prep 4 Fostering Residential Service
Salary: £16,500 to £18,500pa + £62.75 per sleep in (based on experience and qualifications)
EQUATES TO £19,500 up to £23,00 per annum (Inclusive of 5/6 sleep in per month)
*No qualifications needed*
Care2recruit are currently seeking Residential Childcare Workers for a specialist and unique residential service preparing children for a secure foster care placement.
The provider works closely with local authorities to identify children who wish to; or have the potential to live in a family but for various reasons are unable to sustain a foster care placement.
The homes offer medium term therapeutic residential placements for up to 3 children aged 5- 12 years old on admission, who experience emotional and behavioural difficulties.
They are proud to have a 100% success rate with the children that have moved onto their forever families.
- They are a small family run service that is passionate about making a difference to children’s futures.
- Bespoke therapeutic training and clinical supervision from our HCPC Registered Clinical Psychologist.
- Competitive salary plus additional sleep in allowance
- Opportunities for promotion to develop within the company
- Working for a company that has an excellent reputation with the local authorities
- Working for a unique service that has 100% success rate
- Full training and support provided
Essential Job Requirements
- Must have some relevant experience within a children’s residential setting and/or with children with challening behaviours
- Ideally hold NVQ/QCF Level 3 in Children and Young People Workforce/ Residential Childcare or be willing to work towards it
- To be able to demonstrate an ability to ‘cope’ with emotionally challenging situations and to act appropriately under pressure.
- To be aware of the need to maintain a protective environment for the children who have suffered abuse from adults and to develop ways in which they are able to trust adults once more.
- Hold a full UK driving license
- Able to work shifts which includes 24 hour shifts including sleep-ins at the home – try to work to a one on two off shift pattern but this depends on the needs of the children at the time
- 5/6 sleep in duties per month paid at £62.75 per sleep
As a Residential Childcare Worker you will play a big part in shaping these children’s futures. You will support the children to explore the feelings, memories and emotions they experience in a safe and nurturing environment.
You will help to support a managed period of stability and consistency for the children to address the presenting issues which are preventing the child from integrating successfully into a family setting.
- To actively contribute to nurturing a homely, caring therapeutic environment in which children can learn social and interpersonal skills, develop a positive sense of self and build up their self-esteem and confidence.
- To ensure that the home exemplifies the highest quality of care to children by actively promoting continual improvements.
- To familiarise oneself with the background, therapeutic care plan and daily progress of all children in the home and to help implement their individual care plans.
- To be a positive role model for the child and practitioners and encourage both to develop meaningful relationships and attachments.
- To contribute to the normal development of the children through the provision of a healthy lifestyle to enable them to reach their fullest potential by providing a variety of stimulating activities and a consistent and caring adult model.
- To be alert to signs of distress or abuse and to ensure that the children are monitored and protected and have their needs met ensuring that all safeguarding needs are met.
- To work alongside the children to help develop a true sense of identity and feeling of self worth.
- To be sensitive to the needs of individual children, taking account of race, culture, language, sexuality and religion.
- To engage, communicate, talk and listen to the children. To observe their behaviour and record significant features.
- To liaise in a professional manner with other external agencies i.e. schools, social work
- To support the children to integrate into social activities and their educational provision.
- To assist in preparation for professionals meetings and attend when required.
- To work with children and their prospective carers to ensure the child’s successful integration into a family when placed.
- To be a key carer of a child where designated
- To accompany and support children on holidays, short breaks and outings.
- To support all children with their education, homework, etc.
My client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in their care. Therefore, this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.
- £18500 – £23000 per annum + Inclusive of sleep ins
- Contact Name:
- Rachel Keam
- Job Duration:
- Job Industry:
- Children’s Residential
- Job Location:
- Stafford, Staffordshire
- Inclusive of sleep ins