Role: Registered Children’s Home Manager
Location: South Staffordshire, TF11
Service: 6 bed SEMH home
Salary: £38,000 – £42,000 per annum
Hours: 40 hours per week in any 7 day cycle (normally 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday) – although some flexibility is required to accommodate the needs of the business which may involve some evenings and weekends
Care 2 Recruit are working on behalf of a successful children’s services provider offering care and education across a number of specialist schools and residential homes across the UK. Their specialist SEN provision, coupled with their expertise within residential care means they offer thousands of vulnerable children across the UK a holistic, wraparound care, residential and education service, empowering them with everything they need to flourish. It is by no accident that 94% of their schools and homes are rated as ‘Outstanding’ or ‘Good’.
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children, this might be the role for you!
Someone who can deliver a holistic and integrated approach to care and who can work alongside education and clinical services would be perfect for this role.
About the Home
The home is a newly registered 6 bed residential children’s home offering care and support to children aged 7 – 18 years with social, emotional and behavioral difficulties. Located in a rural setting, situated close to Weston-under-Lizard, the home provides a caring, structured and homely environment for our children. It is supported by a specialist independent Ofsted registered school that provides our residents a safe, stimulating and nurturing environment to support their personal and academic needs.
Working as a Registered Manager you will take full responsibility of an independent, Ofsted registered, 6 bed children’s residential home. Through an innovative and person-centred approach, you will undertake management of the efficient operation, delivery and development of a residential SEMH service. As an effective manager, you will also ensure the highest quality of Therapeutic care and support is provided to all children whilst also leading and motivating an established care team.
This role is offered on a permanent, full-time basis, working 40 hours per week in any 7 day cycle (normally between 9 am – 5.00 pm, Monday – Friday although flexibility is required to accommodate the needs of the business, including evenings and weekends).
To be successful in this role you will:
· Hold a minimum qualification of RMA or QCF L4, Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare or equivalent and be willing to work towards Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health & Social Care and Children & Young Peoples Service
· Previous experience in a managerial position within a children’s (SEMH/ EBD) Ofsted registered residential setting
· Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate others with experience supervising and managing staff
· Experience of working with external providers and professional bodies
· Passionate about providing quality care and support to young people who can display challenging behavior
· Hold a full, valid UK driving license and be willing to drive as part of the role
In addition to the competitive salary, you will get a number of benefits:
· Attractive holiday entitlement
· Automatic pension scheme enrolment
· Discounted retail vouchers
· Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
· The chance to earn additional payments through our Refer a Friend scheme
My client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in their care. Therefore, this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.
Please only apply for this role is you hold the relevant qualifications AND you have experience working within children’s residential services in a managerial role.
- £38000 – £42000 per annum + plus bonus
- Contact Name:
- Rachel Keam
- Job Duration:
- Job Industry:
- Children’s Residential
- Job Location:
- Shifnal, Shropshire
- plus bonus