£31,356 – £40,800 pro rata DOE
Permanent, 3 days per week
Are you a skilled Occupational Therapist now looking for a new challenge where you will lead on implementing creative solutions designed to improve people’s quality of life?
Are you experienced in working with adults with autism, learning disabilities or related fields?
If so, our client has the ideal opportunity for you! We are currently looking for an Occupational Therapist to join our innovative and dynamic clinical team in Malvern, Worcestershire.
About the Home
A well-established, specialist adult autism residential service offering personal development programmes that enable people to fulfil their potential for independence. We have a dedicated vocational team who work closely in developing meaningful activities in collaboration with Occupational Therapy. The home is set in beautiful surroundings in view of the Malvern Hills and Worcestershire countryside and has; an onsite café, gym, horticultural area, a sensory integration suite which includes suspended equipment alongside specific activity rooms for OT. The home is within commuting distance of Worcester, Birmingham, Bristol, Cheltenham and Gloucester.
About the Group:
Our client sits within a specialist adults division and provides a wide range of support and care to over 200 adults with autism, learning disabilities and associated other health and support needs nationally, with more homes opening in 2020. Their vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day they improve the lives of thousands of children, adults, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning, they are seeking someone who shares their vision.
About the role
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, the role of Occupational Therapist reports to the Clinical Lead and has responsibility for delivering a specialist Occupational Therapy service to adults with autism and learning difficulties. As an integral part of the team you will be involved with creating and implementing clinical interventions to improve quality of life. Undertaking assessments of adults with diverse presentations to identify their individual sensory, physical, social and environmental needs. You will support the development and delivery of individualised intervention programmes to help to learn and to enable meaningful engagement in activities, social interaction and relationships.
This role is offered on a permanent, part-time basis, working 3 days a week. The role would suit a qualified Occupational Therapist with knowledge of ASD or similar.
In brief, your role will involve:
* Providing evidence-based assessments and recommend the best course of intervention, developing comprehensive transition
* Formulating and delivering on individual Occupational Therapy intervention programmes, using your knowledge of evidence-based practice and intervention options and using clinical assessment, reasoning and intervention skills to include motor sensory cognitive/perceptual assessments
* Evaluating client progress, reassessing and altering intervention programmes as required
* Representing the occupational therapy service or individual clients at multi-disciplinary meetings to ensure the delivery of integrated occupational therapy intervention by discussing client care, progress and involvement in transition planning
* Applicants must be HCPC Registered
* Have experience of working within adults autism, learning disabilities or related fields
* Specialist knowledge of OT assessments and interventions
* Experience of representing occupational therapy within the context of multi-disciplinary and multi-agency treatment and care
Why work for us
Working for us comes with many benefits such as;
* Being part of a focused organisation where you can have a real impact and be part of a close knit welcoming and friendly team
* Your Wellbeing Matters and our Employee Rewards Hub – a platform where you will have access to discounts for major retailers and a wellbeing platform which provides content around; fitness, financial wellbeing, managing your money, recipes, mindfulness activities and more
* Continuous professional development and training for a clear career path
* Social activities
* Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
Apply online now or call 01684 312610 for further information
Our client is committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.
Please contact Krystle McCalla on 07881587110 or [email protected] for more information.
- £31356 – £40800 per annum
- Contact Name:
- Krystle Mccalla
- Job Duration:
- Job Industry:
- Learning Disability
- Job Location:
- Malvern, Worcestershire