Senior Residential Support Worker
Education & Children’s Services
Salary – £22,323.91 per annum + plus in sleep in allowance and overtime
(39 hours per week)
We are recruiting for passionate, energetic and aspirational Senior Residential Support Worker’s to join a 2-bed Children’s Homes in Llanelli, supporting young people with social, emotional and mental health needs.
As a Senior Support Worker, you will be a key member of the team, providing high standards of person-centred support and care to the young people. Through a creative and caring approach, you will build good relationships, supporting young people to achieve their full potential and explore new opportunities and interests. Participation in activities is key tasks for the role so energy and initiative are vital.
As a Senior Support Worker, you’ll be doing the following:
- Supporting the management to run a successful staff team and all day to day operations of the home
- To assist the management team with the supervisions of junior staff
- Inducting new staff into the homes procedure and culture
- Ensuring the highest standards of care in relation to the young people’s physical, behavioural and emotional needs.
- Be the young person’s champion and as part of the wider team strive to ensure that they achieve their aspirations and full potential
- Assist senior staff with the writing and maintaining of placement and risk management plans
- Support young people in daily activities including family contact, attending local clubs, 1:1 activities in the community, promoting independence and social behaviour.
- You will be assigned a key child and play a pivotal role in their day to day life including attending reviews and liaising with external agencies
- Support and encourage educational engagement
- As a senior support worker, you will need to be flexible and willing to work rotating shifts covering weekdays, nights and some weekends/ bank holidays
- 33 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Travel Insurance
- Online benefits portal and high street store cashback rewards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Dental Insurance
- Reduced price Gym membership
- Healthcare cash plan
- Gourmet Society Card
- Career Pathways – build your skills and plan for your future career with on-going training supported
For all roles, we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, for all of our services we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults. Please be advised that references will be requested before the interview for all roles within our schools.
My client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. They will cover the cost of the DBS.
For more information please call Amber on 07398058944.
- £21994 – £22323 per annum + plus in sleep in allowance and over time
- Contact Name:
- amber leonard-toft
- Job Duration:
- Job Industry:
- Children’s Residential
- Job Location:
- Llanelli, Carmarthenshire
- plus in sleep in allowance and over time