About the job:
As a Support Worker, you will be key in helping young adults with complex needs. This is a challenging role, but the rewards are incomparable to any other job. You will be working in an environment where the little things that you do every day could have life-changing results. Your ambition for the young adults you support will help them take steps to fulfilling their potential.
What would I be doing?
- Work in partnership with our Registered Manager and Senior Team to safeguard our tenants at all times.
- Lead by example and contribute to the personal development of our tenants, promoting and supporting healthy lifestyle choices alongside varied and appropriate activities.
- Lead by example and contribute positively in a wide range of innovative and exciting recreational events within the home and wider community.
- This will involve regular outings and trips and on occasion, extended visits and holidays.
- Support our tenants with all aspects of personal care.
- Communicate with our tenants in a method appropriate to them. For example, Makaton
- Take pride in the provision and working alongside your team to maintain a safe, clean, fun and homely environment for our tenants.
- Maintain accurate, clear and concise record keeping.
- Proactively contribute to care planning and take ownership for keeping your own knowledge up to date by regularly reviewing all relevant documentation and training materials.
- Attend and contribute positively to regular staff meetings and hand-over meetings, ensuring all relevant information is shared appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Participate in regular supervisions to aid personal development and ensure good practice in all areas.
What experience / qualifications are required?
- Passion for care with particular emphasis on adult services
- Ideally have demonstrable experience providing care and support to individuals with severe learning difficulties, challenging behaviour and autistic spectrum disorder
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to include computer literacy
- Ideally hold a completed Diploma Level 2 in Health and Social Care or be prepared to work towards and complete this qualification within an outlined time-frame.
- Overtime available
- Extensive training packages with time rostered out of your work rota to attend.
- Staff meals whilst on shift
- Fully expensed off-site activities and trips to attend alongside our young people.
- Genuine career development opportunities for those who want them.
- A beautiful home and grounds to work within.
- Full funded DBS checks
***VIDEO CALL INTERVIEWS ARE BEING ARRANGED NOW – FIRST COME FIRST SERVE***
If you are interested in this position or you know someone else that is then please get in touch with Shannon on 07787168712 or alternatively email [email protected]
- £17995.0 – £18669.74 per annum
- Contact Name:
- Shannon George
- Job Duration:
- Job Industry:
- Children’s Residential
- Job Location:
- Lincoln, Lincolnshire