Senior Residential Childcare Worker
Leicestershire – LE6
Mixed 4-bed specialist residential service
Salary £22,600.00-£25,100.00 per year (Including sleep-ins)
Care2recruit is currently seeking Senior Residential Childcare Workers for a specialist and residential home in Leicestershire. The homes offer a medium/long term therapeutic residential placements for up to 4 young people aged 6-18 on admission. They offer specialist care for children with complex needs. They aim to provide therapeutic care and nurture young people who have emotional, social, educational and behavioural difficulties as a result of past trauma and attachment difficulties.
- Bespoke therapeutic training and clinical supervision
- Competitive salary
- Opportunities for promotion to develop within the company
- Working for a company that has an excellent reputation
- Outstanding Ofsted rating
- Full training and support provided
Essential Job Requirements
- Must hold NVQ/QCF Level 3 in Children and Young People Workforce/ Residential Childcare (Childcare Learning & Development, Children & Education and Health and Social care adults will not be accepted)
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience within a children’s residential setting
- Ability to effectively lead the day
- Able to communicate confidently with others to include children, staff, other professionals
- To be able to fulfil the emotional needs of children – to feel seen, heard, safe, respected, valued, supported, empathised with and cared for – and to encourage them to develop to their full potential, whilst coming to terms with their life experience.
- To be able to demonstrate an ability to ‘cope’ with emotionally challenging situations and to act appropriately under pressure.
- To be aware of the need to maintain a protective environment for the children who have suffered abuse from adults and to develop ways in which they can trust adults once more.
- Hold a full UK driving license
- Able to work shifts which includes 24-hour shifts including sleep-ins at the home – the home try to work to a one on two off shift pattern but this depends on the needs of the children at the time
As a Senior Residential Childcare Worker, you will play a big part in shaping these children’s futures. You will support the children to explore the feelings, memories and emotions they experience in a safe and nurturing environment.
You will help to support a managed period of stability and consistency for the children to address the presenting issues which are preventing the child from integrating successfully into a family setting.
- To actively contribute to nurturing a homely, caring therapeutic environment in which children can learn social and interpersonal skills, develop a positive sense of self and build up their self-esteem and confidence.
- To ensure that the home exemplifies the highest quality of care to children by actively promoting continual improvements.
- Effectively lead shifts, direct and support the staff team.
- To familiarise oneself with the background, therapeutic care plan and daily progress of all children in the home and to help implement their care plans.
- To work with consistent boundaries to create safety and containment for the children.
- To be a positive role model for the child and practitioners and encourage both to develop meaningful relationships and attachments.
- To contribute to the normal development of the children through the provision of a healthy lifestyle to enable them to reach their fullest potential by providing a variety of stimulating activities and a consistent and caring adult model.
- To be alert to signs of distress or abuse and to ensure that the children are monitored and protected and have their needs met ensuring that all safeguarding needs are met.
- To be aware of the children’s rights and to work in an anti-discriminatory and anti-oppressive manner.
- To work alongside the children to help develop a true sense of identity and feeling of self-worth.
- To support the children to integrate into social activities and their educational provision.
- To assist in preparation for professionals meetings and attend when required.
- To contribute to care planning and the implementation of these plans.
- To work with children and their prospective carers to ensure the child’s successful integration into a family when placed.
My client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in their care. Therefore, this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references will be sought before your employment start date.
Please only apply for this role is you hold the relevant qualifications AND you have experience working within a children’s residential service.
- £22600 – £25100 per annum
- Contact Name:
- amber leonard-toft
- Job Duration:
- Job Industry:
- Children’s Residential
- Job Location:
- Leicester, Leicestershire