Role: Senior Residential Support Worker
Service: CSE Children’s Home – 3 bedded
Location: Hexham – NE46
Shifts: 2 on 4 off
Salary: £21,000 – £23,000 per annum plus £63.00 per sleep
(Ability to earn in the region of £27,000 per annum including sleeps)
Care 2 Recruit are working on behalf of a very well-established provider of residential care with child centred care packages. My client believes that every child has equal rights to the highest quality child care. They provide each young person with a safe, supportive, trusting environment with challenges that promote growth, responsibility, learning and positive outcomes and are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the young people in their care.
As a Registered Crisis Intervention Service and Residential Children’s Home provider in Cumbria, Northumberland and South Scotland, they provide both short term placements of up to 17 weeks providing a staff ratio of 2:1 through to full residential care for children with EBD.
The home is an Ofsted Registered Children’s Home that was developed to deliver residential care for children and support those at risk of exploitation. This service has been operating for several years, having an evidence base of the success it has achieved.
Through the youth residential care programs, they are quickly becoming recognised as a key provider of youth residential placements for girls aged 11 – 17, gaining recognition for their work from the National Working Group for CSE and LSCB partners. Their approach to youth residential care is to ensure that every child and young person can thrive and fulfil their potential in a supportive and focused environment. They deliver the highest quality residential care for children in a rural countryside environment away from distractions in a peaceful setting.
Benefits of joining my client
- Ability to earn in the region of £27,000 per annum including sleeps
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Health Scheme
- Above and Beyond Recognition Scheme
- Full funded training for your CPD
- A 2-week induction *dependent on current qualifications
- House Induction from your Registered Manager or senior member of staff
- Online rota system – accessible by mobile application
- All meals provided whilst on shift
- Access to employee engagement events
- Team / Peer support programmes and fully supportive management infrastructure
- Assist the management of the home in developing the skills and potential of residential support workers.
- Work within and ensure effective delivery of the policies and procedures in the home, and the organisation.
- Monitor and maintain administrative requirements, ensuring that the outcome meets the standards set out in children’s legislation, and the homes working practices.
- Ensure ongoing assessment of children and young people’s needs in day to day practice.
- Oversee, supervise and develop the skills of staff in their daily working practice.
- Promote and actively encourage the delivery of a safe, structured and nurturing environment.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team both within the home and with external agencies.
- Relate to and engage young people who display challenging behaviour.
- Assist young people to identify unsafe, dangerous, harmful and abusive situations, individuals and groups.
- Ensure staff are aware of and deliver the support required to ensure the life chance opportunities of children and young people are met in relation to their social, educational, leisure, emotional, physical and cultural needs.
- Ensure a variety of intervention strategies are utilised in relation to behaviour management.
- Where required, deputise in the absence of the management of the home.
- Where required attend reviews and or meetings.
- Ensure an open culture is created with the young people in our care.
- Ensure that all administrative requirements of the home are maintained in such a way that they are compliant with good childcare practices, homes procedures and company policies.
Please see example of the rolling rota:
Start between 9am-10am depending on service > handover from colleagues > work the first day > sleeps are paid at £63 per night on top of annual salary > work the second day > sleep-in > handover to colleagues the next day by 10am > then 4 days off;
There are occasions when the 2-day shift turns into a 3-day shift to cover things like annual leave however these are planned in as far in advance as possible.
- Must be over 21 years of age (to ensure an appropriate age gap between the young people & support worker)
- Must have a full manual driving license
- Must hold the Level 3 in Residential Childcare/ Children and Young People workforce
- Minimum of 2 Years’ experience of working with young people in a residential setting.
- Commitment to working with children who may be at risk of Child Sexual Exploitation.
My client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in their care. Therefore, this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.
Please only apply for this role is you hold the relevant qualifications AND you have experience working within a children’s residential service.
- £21000 – £23000 per annum + Plus £63 per sleep in
- Contact Name:
- Rachel Keam
- Job Duration:
- Job Industry:
- Children’s Residential
- Job Location:
- Hexham, Northumberland
- Plus £63 per sleep in