Deputy Children’s Home Manager – Specialist Residential Home
Salary: £26,000 – £29,000
Young people will come to this provider with varying life experiences, but commonly they have often been subject to varying levels of trauma. They may have suffered sexual, physical or emotional abuse or neglect.
This provider has four registered Children’s Homes within the Surrey and Sussex Borders. Each home is set in a rural location and offers a comfortable homely environment for young males aged 13-18 years.
Job responsibilites but not limited to:
- To work 40 hours a week plus one sleep-in. In times of illness or crisis you may be asked to cover more shifts.
- When sleeping-in you will be required to take over the petty cash and will be accountable for any discrepancies in relation to any transactions that you have made.
- To attend staff meetings / supervision for 1½ hours on a weekly basis even when not on shift.
- To attend Seniors meeting monthly.
- Organise and implement the young people’s holiday.
- To run / chair the young people’s meetings.
- You may be called at home if a problem arises to give advice over the phone. In an emergency you may be called to come in.
- Rotas – staffing levels, ensure adequate cover when off shift.
- To complete regular quality audits within the home and offer advice and supervision to staff members on the improvement to care practices and processes in consultation with line manager.
- The ideal candidate would have 2 years’ previous experience of working with teenage boys and Diploma Level 3 in Young People or someone who has or is working towards Diploma level 5.
- Knowledge and experience of Safeguarding is essential, and an understanding of the skills needed to lead a team of staff and previous experience would be desirable.
- You must be willing to engage the young people in a wide range of activities and support them through their time at the home, guiding them towards Independence and Adulthood.
- You will need to be flexible with your working hours and be able to work a mixture of days, evenings, and weekends.
If you or someone you know may be interested in this position then please contact Shannon on 07787168712 or [email protected]
- £26000 – £29000 per annum
- Contact Name:
- Shannon George
- Job Duration:
- Job Industry:
- Children’s Residential
- Job Location:
- Guildford, Surrey