I am seeking Support Workers based in Cranleigh, Surrey (GU6)
Salary: £17,004 per annum + extensive CPD and benefits package
Contract terms: 37.5 hours per week – Monday to Friday 9:00 to 17:00
Annual Leave: 23 days paid holiday (up to 4 days to be taken between Christmas & New Year) plus bank holidays
Full and part time positions available
- Working as part of a team, you will provide support to adults with autism and related disabilities in the attainment of knowledge and skills that will enhance their well-being, independence and social inclusion.
- You will work in our brand new Centre for Lifelong Learning as well as accompanying our adult learners in the community.
- We take an educational approach and are committed to supporting our learners develop life skills, have access to employment opportunities and participate in leisure and fitness activities in the community to main wellbeing. We also adopt the approach of ABA (Applied Behaviour Analysis) where staff are trained to use techniques such as positive reinforcement to encourage learner progression. The role requires support with personal care and challenging behaviour which can be physical.
You will make a difference to our adult learners by:
- Supporting participation in social, leisure and educational activities within the local community.
- Encouraging and enabling learning and development in all aspects of daily life.
- Facilitating and supporting learners’ decision making, promoting choice and the ability to reach their
- potential for independence.
- Collecting, recording and analysing data to monitor progress and improve learning programmes.
Fully funded training opportunities including
- Industry training – Crisis Intervention, Epilepsy, Administering Medication, Safeguarding & First Aid
- Registered Behaviour Technician Qualification
- CABAS Teacher I Training and Completion of CABAS Ranks
- Completion of the UK ABA (Applied Behaviour Analysis) Education Competence Framework
- Minibus training
- Proven experience of working within the adult care and community based sector
- Full UK driving license with access to own vehicle
- Knowledge, interest or experience of working with special educational needs, autism spectrum disorders and related disabilities
- Ability to work as part of a team and build good working relationships with learners, parents and staff
- Ability to keep accurate records and reports, and produce accurate graph data
- A positive, patient, caring and can-do attitude
This is a really exciting opportunity to join a very reputable provider in supporting adults 18+ with autism.
If you are interested in this opportunity then please get in touch as soon as possible.
Please call 07787168712 or email [email protected]
- Up to £17004 per annum + extensive CPD and benefits package
- Contact Name:
- Shannon George
- Job Duration:
- Job Industry:
- Job Location:
- Cranleigh, Surrey
- extensive CPD and benefits package