Specialist Residential School – ASD/LD
Salary from £46,500 up to £52,500 per annum
Working 37.5 hours per week
Care2Recruit are currently seeking an experienced and passionate residential manager to join a specialist residential school for exceptional children, that aims to be the very best of its kind in the UK. The school and residential site is for children and young people with Autism, whom may also have additional learning disabilities and behaviours that challenge.
They provide high-quality education and care in a beautiful, state-of-the-art Grade ll* listed building dating back to 1754, updated with cutting edge technology and located in the heart of historic Chester.
With 4 houses located across beautiful mews properties and overlooking the falconry and city walls, this residential site enjoys an enviable location that provides direct access into the school building whilst being only a stone’s throw away from all of Chester’s amenities. It really is a special place for young people to live and learn and can house up to 30 young people in total aged between 8 – 18 years. Each house will function as a family group with a home manager, key workers and residential care staff.
As the Residential Manager, your main focus is to create a safe, caring and nurturing environment for resident young people which promotes the school’s focus on enhancing Quality of Life through the my clients specialist care model. You will lead the residential staff team to have a specific focus on preparing young people for adult life and will work closely with parents and families to ensure that each young person’s support needs are fully met.
As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, your work will help to secure and maintain an
‘Outstanding’ judgement over the coming years for the quality of residential care provided for
all pupils. Under the direction of the Principal you will lead and manage 4 x home managers, a Deputy Manager, Team Leaders and Residential Care Workers. Critical monitoring, evaluation and innovation are key aspects of the role in helping the school to become a centre of excellence in autism education, care and support.
- Ensure that all young people receive ‘Outstanding’ residential care
- Ensure that Safeguarding is ‘Outstanding’ within the residential provision.
- Ensure that staff work holistically with education staff, parents and families to plan, practice and collect evidence of progress within the extended curriculum.
- Further the aims of the school and support the Principal/Deputy Principal in ensuring that the vision, ethos and model of the school is communicated and upheld amongst residential care staff.
- Lead with the Principal/Deputy Principal a programme of quality assurance in all residential provision activity.
- Provide the Principal with an overview of residential care issues through raising awareness and contact with staff and pupils.
- Opportunity to work in a new state of the art specialist residential provision
- Leadership salary scale
- Minimum of 9 weeks holiday per year (to be taken during school closure periods)
- Company pension scheme
- Company life assurance scheme
- Range of staff benefits
- Experience of working with children and young people with autism/ learning disabilities (minimum of 2 years) – must be recent experience
* At least 5 years’ experience in residential childcare setting (within the last 5 years)
* At least 3 years’ experience managing staff within a residential setting
* In-depth knowledge and demonstrable experience of good outcomes with Ofsted
* Knowledge of the National Minimum Care Standards for Residential Special Schools NMSRSS
* NVQ/QCF Level 5 in Residential Childcare, Leadership and Management
* Up-to-date safeguarding training
YOU WILL NEED TO COMPLETE AN APPLICATION FORM PRIOR TO INTERVIEW
My client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in their care. Therefore, this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.
For more information, please call Rachel on 07717 831637 or email [email protected]
- £46500 – £52500 per annum + Benefits
- Contact Name:
- Rachel Keam
- Job Duration:
- Job Industry:
- Children’s Residential
- Job Location:
- Chester, Cheshire