Are you passionate about making a positive and lasting difference to children and young people and do you want to work for a progressive independent fostering agency with ambitious plans for the future?
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic and engaging Supervising Social Worker, to join ther experienced and successful team that is reflective and creative in practice. Working collaboratively with all stakeholders, you will strive to ensure that the children and young people in your care reach their full potential.
You will be required to travel for the role to support your foster carers, across South Wales, the Valleys across to Swansea and Monmouth. Travel times will be variable, and possibly up to approximately an hour and a half each way. The Contract is Office based in Cardiff, but it is acceptable to work from home, you will be required to attend the office at a minimum of 1 day a week and may in exceptional circumstances, have to attend national meetings at other offices. A car and a valid driving licence are essential to the role.
The client is looking for committed social care professionals with a sound knowledge of fostering legislation and practice issues who will be able to continue to deliver the same high standards of service. You will:
* Recruit, support and develop the skills of foster carers to ensure that you provide outstanding care and the best possible outcomes for children and young people in their care.
* Provide a comprehensive, flexible and high-quality service to carers, children and young people in their care using legal, regulatory and statutory guidance to inform practice decisions and to safeguard and protect against harm.
* Manage a caseload of typically 13 – 15 plus an assessment and initial visit and be part of the out of hours on call service.
* Support the organisation in ensuring that the service is run in line with our client’s Policy and legislation, regulations and standards, together with the Inspecting Body.
* Have a relevant professional qualification in social work and be Social Care Wales (or equivalent) registered and have knowledge of the assessment of foster care practice, including the assessment of potential foster carers is desirable but not essential.
* Have a good knowledge of fostering regulations, child care law and safeguarding issues is essential, as is the ability to make objective professional assessments of children or young people.
* Be a strong team player and be able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Understand and contribute to the growth and continued development of the Fostering service.
They are looking for passionate applicants who share their vision. In return for this, they offer a competitive salary, contributory pension scheme, and access to Perkbox engagement platform and employee assistance programme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and an additional a day off for your birthday! They also provide a number of opportunities for career development.
The recruitment process aims to create and maintain a safe workforce and contains robust vetting procedures. The successful applicants will be appointed subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS check. Please note that the client reserves the right to close this vacancy early upon receipt of sufficient applications.
If you are interested in joining an innovative organisation and would like to request an application pack, please email Krystle McCalla at [email protected] or call 07881 587 110.
- £28000 – £35000 per annum
- Contact Name:
- Arshad Mahmood
- Job Duration:
- Job Industry:
- Job Location: