Senior Residential Support Worker
Salary: £10.93 – 11.69 per hour + £45 per sleep
£23,145 up to £27,844 per annum (Inclusive of 4-10 sleeps per month)
Care2Recruit are seeking Senior Residential Childcare Workers to join a well-established company that provide therapeutic care, accommodation and education for children and young people aged between 10 and 17 years. The home is a multi-bed therapeutic home, with a registered school on site which currently supports 4 young girls. The home, over recent years, has achieved outstanding outcomes with Ofsted and operates full programme Dialectical Behavioural Therapy, having a consultant clinical psychologist overseeing all enhanced packages of care. They also have a solo home nearby supporting one young person.
The young people often come from extremely chaotic backgrounds and require support and input to help stabilise their behaviours.
- Career development opportunities
- Specialist therapeutic training and courses
- Comprehensive induction period
- Competitive rates of pay, plus additional sleep in payments
- Excellent reputation with Ofsted and local authorities
- Hold the Investors in People award
- Animal assisted therapy on offer for the young people
- ‘outstanding’ independent school
As a Senior Residential Support Worker you will need to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual, social, cultural and educational needs of the children and young people.
- Effectively lead shifts, direct and support the staff team.
- To supervise staff and manage individual and team performance to ensure a standard of excellent service delivery.
- Ensure the effective monitoring and control of all expenditure accounted for in accordance with financial procedures.
- To support the induction process of new staff.
- To model a robust commitment to safe guarding actively promoting the welfare of children and young people.
- To contribute to the normal development of the children and young people through the provision of a healthy lifestyle to enable them to reach their fullest potential by providing a variety of stimulating activities and a consistent and caring adult model.
- To work with consistent boundaries in order to create safety for the children and young people.
- To be a positive role model for the child and colleagues and encourage both to develop meaningful relationships and attachments.
- To be alert to signs of distress or abuse and to ensure that the children and young people are monitored and protected and have their needs met ensuring that all safeguarding needs are met.
- To be aware of the children’s rights and to work in an anti-discriminatory and anti- oppressive manner.
- To work alongside the children and young people to help develop a true sense of identity and feeling of self-worth.
- To be sensitive to the needs of individual children and young people, taking account of race, culture, language, sexuality and religion.
- To use reactive strategies to support the behaviour of children and young people who are unable to manage their own behaviour.
- To assist in preparation for reviews and meetings and attend when required.
- To contribute to care planning and the implementation of these plans.
- To work alongside psychologists to enable effective integration of care and therapy.
- To work with children and young people and their prospective carers to ensure the child’s successful integration into a family when placed.
- Must have Level 3 in Children’s and Young People’s Workforce (or equivalent) at a minimum
- Must have a minimum of 18 months children’s residential experience, ideally with some experience shift leading
- Be flexible and able to work on a shift/rota basis
- Be a minimum 22 years of age
- A full UK driving license is preferable but not essential
My client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in their care. Therefore, this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.
- £23145 – £27844 per annum + Inclusive of sleep ins
- Contact Name:
- Rachel Keam
- Job Duration:
- Job Industry:
- Children’s Residential
- Job Location:
- Buxton, Derbyshire
- Inclusive of sleep ins