Deputy Children’s Home Manager
Salary: £25,000 – £27,000
I am currently looking for someone with experience of working in a childrens home, and managerial experience to deliver high standards of care, leadership and child protection to children and young people. The successful Deputy Manager will be confident, works well to their own initiative, possess excellent communication skills, is a good decision maker and has the ability develop staff to their full potential.
The role of the Deputy Manager is to manage the Childrens Home in the Managers absence and provide support and advice to your team. As an expanding company, my clienthas great career prospects, and promotes training and development of all staff. The ideal candidate will aspire to progress to Manager within the company
The Deputy Manager Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing and leading the staff team.
- Managing the home in the Managers absence, to an excellent standard.
- Being responsible for delivering care and support to the young people.
- Ensuring the home meets its regulatory and legislation requirements.
- Working in accordance with the Quality Care Standards for Childrens homes and co-operate with any inspection process.
- Keeping all relevant paperwork up to date within the provision.
- Maintaining confidentiality and observing data protection guidelines.
The Deputy Manager will need to:
- Be prepared to work with children with high end behavioral needs.
- Possess a minimum of two years experience working in a Childrens Home.
- Knowledge gained in a supervisory role of a Childrens Home.
- Hold a Diploma Level 3 in Residential Childcare or equivalent.
- We advise that you drive due to the location of the home.
- Be prepared to work early, late and night shifts (including sleepovers) on a rota basis.
Benefits & Rewards we can offer:
- 28 days Holiday with additional holiday for loyalty to the company.
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage with enrolment onto the Updating Service at the cost of the employer.
- Ongoing training and development, opportunities to progress within an expanding company and be part of an effective and supportive.
If you may be interested in this position then please give Shannon a call on 07787168712 or email [email protected]
- £25000 – £27000 per annum + career progression
- Contact Name:
- Shannon George
- Job Duration:
- Job Industry:
- Children’s Residential
- Job Location:
- Broadstairs, Kent
- career progression