Senior Therapeutic Care Worker
Brighton and Hove
Salary: £23,140 – £24,556
My client works therapeutically with children and young people who have complex needs, have experienced abusive, neglectful, and / or chaotic and traumatic situations, and who need specialised professional support in learning how to cope with the pressures and demands of day-to-day living before they can be expected to survive and thrive in a family-based placement.
My client has 3 Therapeutic Children’s Homes, a Therapeutic Special (SEBD) Independent School, and Semi-Independent Supported Accommodation Training Houses and Flats. Children and young people placed with thm generally present as being emotionally unintegrated or fragile integrated, displaying levels of disturbed and disturbing behaviour, and difficulty in containing and controlling their own conflicted feelings.
Responsibilities but not limited to:
Working in their Therapeutic Homes and supporting children attending the Therapeutic School, your role is to support and line manage and supervise and guide the practice of your colleagues in the team, and coordinate and effectively manage each shift. You will work collaboratively with the Homes Deputy Manager and Registered Manager and be part of the Management Team of the Home, ensuring that the Home is run and operated safely and in compliance with requirements of legislation and regulation, and that the Children living in the Home are cared for and educated to the highest standards, and that they make progress and thrive.
- Effectively and appropriately assist in aspects of managing, leading, monitoring, and developing the Therapeutic Children’s Home in which you are based.
Share appropriate and delegated responsibility for improving the therapeutic care and education provision offered, and promoting all aspects of the Home as a ‘facilitating environment’ conducive to therapeutic thinking and practice.
Involve yourself helping to implement the Home’s agreed Improvement Plan to ensure continual development of the Quality of Care provided by the Home.
Offer and provide appropriate and necessary support to the Deputy Manager and Registered Manager, and where necessary to other Managers, the Head Teacher and members of the Executive Team.
Accept delegated responsibility for relevant aspects of recruitment, staffing, legislation, managing financial processes, and efficient use of resources.
Support colleagues in meeting the emotional, safeguarding, social, psychological, educational, and academic needs of the children looked after by the Home and across the whole of the provider.
Appropriately liaise and interact with all colleagues across the organisation and wider external networks to ensure effective communication & promote positive and harmonious working relationships.
- Relevant training and certification in Childcare will be preferred.
- A reasonable standard of education and general knowledge.
- Insight into the needs of children and young people living in the care system.
- Experience of delivering quality care and nurture to vulnerable children and young people.
- Good written & oral communication skills, and able to record accurately, objectively, and with clarity.
- A reasonable level of competency in ITC skills including Word, Excel, Email/Internet, and able to operate basic ITC appliances including telephone system, fax machines, scanners, and photocopiers
- 28 days a year of annual leave
- Overtime/sleep in rate
- Bonus pay for working special bank holidays
- A very good training package
- Additional duties payments
- Special bank-holiday bonus
- Full Orientation & Induction programme provided.
- Extensive training offered.
- Commitment to continuing learning & development opportunities throughout your career including attendance on our own accredited Level 3 Diploma in Therapeutic Child Care & Education and other courses, and opportunities to study for a post-graduate qualification.
If you are interested in this position then please get in touch as soon as possible by clicking APPLY or alternatively give me a call on 07787168712.
- £23140 – £24556 per annum
- Contact Name:
- Shannon George
- Job Duration:
- Job Industry:
- Children’s Residential
- Job Location:
- Brighton, East Sussex