Residential Childcare Worker
Brighton and Hove
Salary: £18,720 – £19,476
My client works therapeutically with children and young people who have complex needs, have experienced abusive, neglectful, and / or chaotic and traumatic situations, and who need specialised professional support in learning how to cope with the pressures and demands of day-to-day living before they can be expected to survive and thrive in a family-based placement.
My client has 3 Therapeutic Children’s Homes, a Therapeutic Special (SEBD) Independent School, and Semi-Independent Supported Accommodation Training Houses and Flats. Children and young people placed with thm generally present as being emotionally unintegrated or fragile integrated, displaying levels of disturbed and disturbing behaviour, and difficulty in containing and controlling their own conflicted feelings.
Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Effectively and appropriately care for the children and young people looked after and educated by the provider whilst gaining the necessary training, knowledge, skills and experiential learning necessary to be a Therapeutic Carer.
- To achieve this, you will; Actively engage in all aspects of the care and education task undertaken by the provider.
- Assist in supporting each child or young person to gain a positive experience of being looked after and educated throughout their placement.
- Provide opportunities for each child or young person and the group as a whole to gain an experience of being cared for and educated in a positive, real, and meaningful way.
- Actively develop your skills, knowledge, and understanding of the role and responsibilities of a Therapeutic Carer through using all opportunities and resources offered to you and at your disposal.
- Give the children in your care and your employing organisation an undertaking to commit to a minimum 2 years’ service where this remains in your control to do so.
- Relevant training and certification in Childcare will be preferred.
- A reasonable standard of education and general knowledge.
- Insight into the needs of children and young people living in the care system.
- Experience of delivering quality care and nurture to vulnerable children and young people.
- Good written & oral communication skills, and able to record accurately, objectively, and with clarity.
- A reasonable level of competency in ITC skills including Word, Excel, Email/Internet, and able to operate basic ITC appliances including telephone system, fax machines, scanners, and photocopiers
- 28 days a year of annual leave
- Overtime/sleep in rate
- Bonus pay for working special bank holidays
- A very good training package
- Transition to Therapeutic Carer position and salary scale after successful completion of 6-month basic training.
If you are interested in this position then please get in touch as soon as possible by clicking APPLY or alternatively give me a call on 07787168712.
- £18720 – £19476 per annum + paid sleep ins, extensive training
- Contact Name:
- Shannon George
- Job Duration:
- Job Industry:
- Children’s Residential
- Job Location:
- Brighton, East Sussex
- paid sleep ins, extensive training