Children’s Home Deputy Manager
£23,598 – £24,624 Plus £40 Sleep-In Allowance
We are now recruiting for a motivated and driven Children’s Home Deputy Manager to join our Client’s service in Bridgend. They pride themselves on providing their children and young people with a therapeutic environment in which they can grow and an outstanding environment to live in.
As a Children’s Home Deputy Manager within the providers only home situated in Harlow you will be part of a therapeutic community of professionals going above and beyond to provide a nurturing environment for young people.
The home provides short term accommodation for children 0-18 years old that have emotional, behavioural difficulties. Their therapeutic approach means that they really delve into the root cause of any behaviours and try to understand these, whilst helping them to cope and move forward with their lives.
The role requires a certain sense of passion, you will support and mentor the staff team, whilst assisting the registered manager with the running of the home.
- Assist in the day to day running of the home, taking a lead role in the Registered Managers absence.
- Support staff to engage and communicate effectively with young people, ensuring each young person’s individual needs are met.
- Support staff to provide a consistent approach to the young people residing in the home.
- Promote the practice of working in partnership with young people, their families, other staff within the organisation, and other agencies, in order to meet the needs of the children.
- Provide effective leadership and development to the team members.
- Provide a positive working role model for other colleagues and the children in the service.
- Responsible for ensuring that the rota is managed effectively and with adequate staffing levels in line with budgets.
- To support the facilitation of inspection visits from regulatory bodies and routine regulation 44 inspections.
- To participate in recruitment, grievance, disciplinary, health and safety and other staffing matters with support from the Registered Manager.
- To support the registered manager in ensuring that each young person has a plan which reflects his/her care, education, social, emotional, cultural, therapeutic and health needs and that their plan is regularly reviewed.
- To monitor and ensure high-quality standards of care.
- To maintain up to date knowledge of the statutory and procedural framework for residential care and to communicate this to staff as appropriate.
- Experience of working with children and young people with challenging behaviours in a residential setting
- Experience working at a senior level
- NVQ Level 3 Health and Social Care – Children and Young People’s workforce or equivalent
- Understanding of safeguarding, children’s homes regulations and the care standards
If you feel this could be the role for you please get in touch with Amber at [email protected] as soon as possible.
Please note, these roles receive a high number of applications and therefore it may not be possible to provide feedback to each individual application.
If you are looking for other roles in Children’s Residential Services, again, please feel free to get in touch as we have a large number of vacancies available nationwide.
- £23598 – £24624 per annum + Plus £40sleep-in allowance
- Contact Name:
- amber leonard-toft
- Job Duration:
- Job Industry:
- Children’s Residential
- Job Location:
- Plus £40sleep-in allowance