Senior Residential Care Worker
Salary – circa £24,000 to £27,000
Fantastic Opportunities for Progression
A rewarding opportunity has arisen for Senior Residential Care Workers to join one of the region’s leading providers for children’s services within the Bedfordshire area. Care2Recruit are working with a specialist, independent social care organisation, who operate several residential homes across the region. We are recruiting for caring, empathetic and dedicated team players who really care about the young individuals in their care.
This is an incredibly rewarding opportunity to work with vulnerable children within a residential care provision. You will be providing day to day support, guidance and stimulating activities for children and teenagers within the service, as well as aiding their day-to-day activities. We are looking for somebody who’s passionate about transforming the lives of looked after children, who have experience of supporting vulnerable young individuals within a residential childcare setting, to work as part of a professional team to promote and provide the highest standard of care. You must be able to communicate effectively with children and young people and understand and empathise with the needs of the young people.
- Confident in responding appropriately to challenges within a residential or school environment.
- Have values in line with a holistic childcare approach and practice
- Ability to present a professional image always
- Ability to work with a variety of internal and external professionals
- Be able to demonstrate commitment to the staff teams, young people and the service in order to be part of a team that delivers high quality outcomes
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to be flexible when required
- Have excellent communication skills
- Understand the importance of and can use the support networks available
- A self-starter with the ability to identify issues, and the skills to respond in line with policy and procedure
- A confident decision maker who can problem solve under pressure
- Excellent role model to staff
- Reliable member of the team
- Diploma level 3 in Residential Childcare or equivalent
- Previous experience of working with young people in a residential setting
- Full manual driving licence
- Career progression
- Competitive package and stakeholder pension scheme
- A competency framework in place
- Staff recognition
- Workers’ forum.
- Excellent training
You will work a varied shift pattern to include every other weekend, sleep INS and bank holidays. This will all be set in advance and your shift pattern will be given to you prior.
The successful candidate will benefit from a competitive salary, inclusive of sleep in allowance, up to £27,000 per annum dependent on qualifications and experience. Generous annual leave entitlement amongst additional benefits.
The Successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.
If you feel this opportunity is of interest to you, please forward a copy of your updated CV via the APPLY Button or where directed.
- £24000 – £27000 per annum + +sleep ins
- Contact Name:
- karl thompson
- Job Duration:
- Job Industry:
- Children’s Residential
- Job Location:
- Bedford, Bedfordshire
- +sleep ins