Childrens Residential Support Worker
Salary up to £26,500 Per annum inclusive of sleeps
Care2Recruit are currently seeking Childrens Residential support workers to join a well-established family run provider of Residential childcare supporting children and young people with emotional behavioural difficulties in South Yorkshire.
You will actively promote the rights of young people as individuals and provide them with quality care in accordance with the policies and procedures of the organisation. To assist in the provision of a safe and homely environment both individually and as part of a team to help young people achieve their potential by strengthening areas of weakness and developing areas of strength.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development of new techniques and approaches to child care provisions
- Encourage development of individual interests and attitudes
- To promote, safeguard and protect the welfare of each young person
- Establish and maintain positive and trusting relationships with the young people that will promote their sense of security
- Provide firm, consistent and fair boundaries in respect of their behaviour and employ appropriate and agreed sanctions
- Observe and assess the behaviour of Young People
- To engage in and supervise day to day care practices, creating an accepting environment conducive to the positive personal development of each Young Person
- To undertake in planning for and preparation of Young People for admission or discharge, to and from residential care. This may include professional negotiations to ensure that the Young Person transfers to an environment stable for that individual and one where he/she can cope or be assisted to cope.
- Entitlement to 28 days of annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays).
- Comprehensive Induction
- Enrolment onto Level 3 Diploma
- A continuous & comprehensive Training Package including a certificate in TEAM TEACH
- Progressive pay scale
- Access to a discount card offering high street discounts, half price restaurants, discounts on cinemas, family days out, theme parks etc.
- Enrolment into our pension scheme.
- Refer a Friend scheme – recommend a friend and earn a £300 bonus!
- Monthly prize draw
- Sickness Bonus
- Opportunities for Progression into a Senior Role to Management
- Working in a homely environment
- DBS reimbursed after successful completion of induction.
- Working with children: 1 year (Required)
- Over the age of 21
- Must have Full UK driving license
- Enrolled or be willing to complete Level 3 Children & Young peoples workforce
My client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in their care. Therefore, this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.
- £24000 – £26500 per annum
- Contact Name:
- Rachael Mcquillan
- Job Duration:
- Job Industry:
- Children’s Residential
- Job Location:
- Barnsley, South Yorkshire